The University of Macedonia of Economic and Social Sciences, established at April 10 1990, and has a history as an institution. It was at first formed under the name of “The Graduate School of Industrial Studies of Thessaloniki” in 1948, but it first functioned during the academic year 1957-58. In 1958 it was renamed “Graduate Industrial School of Thessaloniki” and from 1971/72 it was divided into two Departments: Department of Economics and Department of Business Administration.
At the present time the University of Macedonia has five departments:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of International and European Economic and Political Studies
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Applied Informatics